The Continuing Series; Search Optimization Myths:
Get ranked for the top 20 most voluminous words and you will be successful
I am realizing that I covered a bunch in SEO Myth #8 . So check that out on more reasons why targeting mostly the biggest phrases is short sighted.
As I mentioned before in this series, a position is just a possibility. And if you target generally, you will get general traffic.
So using the logic of high volume words will get you more traffic seems true on the surface. However, that logic dictates that you should target the term "real estate". Probably the most voluminous word there is in the industry.
But what do you want a buyer searching in Queens, when you sell Haight & Ashbury property? So, you have to get more specific. And specifics are sparce in volume, but lethal in creating a smaller "tootsie roll" ratio.
The best scenario of all is to go after the general and specific phraseology.
- PageRank & Metatags are everything
- A top ten position will solve all your sales problems
- SEO is metatag manipulation
- Content is King
- The engines love blogs more than regular webpages
- Get ranked for the top 20 most voluminous words and you will be successful
- If you just get rankings and Traffic you will be Successful
- SEO is the single most important action you can do for your website
- Its all about more links!
- There are magical shortcuts to getting SEO traffic