"How To" queries are up 17 1/2 % in 2007. This according to Hitwise.
Queries like "how to lose weight" or "how to levitate" are being used more and more to find out information.
These are great mind joggers for real estate articles:
- How to Buy a Home No Money Down
- How to Buy a Home
- How to Get Home Financing
- How to Ensure Proper Title on Your New Home
If done proper, these articles can be used to either point links, or act as Link Bait to get you inbound linkage and, most importantly traffic.
For the four weeks ending July 21, 2007, Hitwise amassed a list of over 130,000 unique "how to" queries.
Top 10 "How to" Searches in the U.S (4 weeks ending 7/21/07)
1. How to tie a tie - Hmmm. How do you do that Windsor again?
2. How to have sex -proving that way to many pervs and kids have access to the net.
3. How to kiss - Is this not in the DNA folks?
4. How to lose weight
5. How to write a resume
6. How to levitate -no doubt initiated from the popularity of Magician shows like Chris Angel.
7. How to draw
8. How to get pregnant
9. How to make out
10. How to make a video
These queries obviously do not show direct queries about real estate. They do indicate behavior and a trend towards the publics desire to easily find their most desired information.
Your job is to give it to them the how to.