I have become a huge fan of Barbara Corcoran over the past several months. I love her vibe and advise. I have seen her speak in a number of places from the Today Show on Home Staging and a Millionaire maker show with The Rich Dad Author Robert Kiyosaki, Loral Langemeier, David Bach and more. Anyway, she has a terrific methodology to find great up and coming neighborhoods for investment.
I first saw it on the "Millionaire" show and she just posted her process at her Barbara Corcoran blog. Check it out for yourself, but let me give you a couple of her clues that an area is up and coming:
- If a little old lady is sitting on a bus bench at night, it is safe.
- Is there nightlife? Are people out freely shopping?
- Are there any new cars?
- What are the SAT scores?
- Buy the lower end house, it has the most room to go up.
- Are rents going up?
She says the time to buy is now if it is in the right area.
Her top up and coming areas? Go to her site to get reasons why:
- Austin, Texas
- West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia
- Biddleville, Charlotte, N.C.
- Seward Park Seattle, WA
- Reading, PA
- Farmington, NM