Put down the Koolaid and get to work. The social media is not new. Just easier. And it adds lots more places for you to prospect.
It is simple.
Instead of getting overwhelmed with joining one social spot after another.
Find the Conversation
- First off who is your prospect and where do they hang out?
- What is their biggest concerns and pains?
- What is their biggest lifestyle fantasies?
Get in Front of the ConversationThe where:
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Fan Pages
- Twitter Searches
- Twitter Hashes
- Google, Yahoo Groups, etc
- Trulia Q&A, blogs, etc
You want to find conversations that will be folks most likely to want what you sell and your expertise.
- Mortgage Information
- Loan Modification Forums
- Foreclosure Forums
- Marriage Forums
Enter The Conversation
- Lead the Conversation
- Once a trusted voice add your opinion and leadership to your way of thinking. Your brand.
Thats it! Your social success model.
What the Koolaid Vendors Don't Want You To Know
The Social Media did not start yesterday. It has existed even before the world wide web and browsers.
- What caused internet death in 1997? "Build a Website and they will come".
- What causes internet death in 2010? "Build a social presence and they will come".
Success loves movement and sitting idle or worst yet publishing consistent sludge will cause you to lose online.
The greatest illusion since the start of the web was to just put up a web presence and you can make the huge dollars. Prospecting is prospecting is prospecting. Some time you just gotta get your hands dirty and not just sit and wait for something to happen. You gotta go make it happen.
The insiders know the money is in the list. That list may be your friends list on Facebook, or Twitter, or your email list. Perhaps you have a heavy community on your blogs. This is your list or what some would call your herd or your tribe. But they are all groups that share an interest in what you do. And the only way to build tribe is to target like minded people talking about their life and their desires.